When in Buenos Aires, you’ll probably want to start the days as locals do with a consistent dish of Revuelto Gramajo. This dish was invented by a military chef to serve to the soldiers in battlefields so imagine the amount of energy you will have after a brekkie like this! Perfect for a whole day of sightseeing around Buenos Aires!
What you’ll need:
- 2 to 3 potatoes finely chop into strings (like French fries but smaller pieces)
- 8 ounces of chopped bacon
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chives, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to cook it:
Heat the olive oil in a large pan, once is hot add the chopped potatoes to it to create hash browns.
Chop the grate the bell pepper, onion, chives, bacon, and cheese. Sauté them all until the bacon is cooked through.
Whisk together the eggs with the heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper.
Add the eggs to the bacon and veggie mix and stir. Next, add the cheese and the hash browns and stir again.
Add the chives, then keep stirring until the eggs are cooked.
Serve and be ready for a full day of energy to explore Ba’ A’s!