OBJECTIVE OF THE POLICY
Contours Travel seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high-quality products and services. To this end, we value your feedback and complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service. Contours Travel is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolve any complaint/s you may have as quickly as possible.
This policy has been designed to provide guidance to both our customers and staff members on the manner in which Contours Travel manages your complaint. We are committed to being consistent, fair and impartial when handling your complaint.
The objective of this policy is to ensure that:
- When circumstances overseas give rise to a service complaint, we ensure that you have all the contact details of our local Service Providers in order to take appropriate steps to resolve the issues at the time and place they occur.
- You are aware of our complaint lodgement and handling processes,
- Both you and our staff understand our complaints handling process,
- Your complaint is investigated impartially with a balanced view of all information or evidence,
- We take reasonable steps to actively protect your personal information,
- Your complaint is considered on its merits taking into account individual circumstances and needs.
DEFINITION OF A COMPLAINT
In this policy, a complaint means an expression of dissatisfaction by a customer relating to a travel service provided by us.
Your travel arrangements are carefully prepared by Contours Travel, however, on occasions, unexpected difficulties may arise during your trip. In the unlikely event that this occurs, it is of utmost importance that you make immediate contact with our local Service Provider who is in the best position to assist you and both usually able to resolve the matter on the spot. This ensures that you receive urgent and timely assistance from local professionals allowing you to continue to enjoy your stay with a minimum of fuss.
The telephone numbers and all other relevant details of every Service Provider are shown on each Exchange Voucher and at the beginning of your Hotel List. Note: Should you not be able to resolve a problem locally with a Service Provider and wish to lodge a complaint, see the following procedure.
HOW A COMPLAINT CAN BE MADE
If you are dissatisfied with a travel service provided by us and you have not been able to resolve the matter with the local Service Provider in the destination country, you should consider communicating directly with the staff member you have been dealing with and address your concerns to them by lodging a complaint with us in one of the following ways:
- By telephoning us on +61 03 9328 8488
- By writing to us at Contours Travel, 287 Victoria Street, Melbourne West, Victoria, 3003, Australia
- By emailing us at [email protected]
- In person by speaking to any of our customer service staff. If we receive your complaint verbally we will usually ask you to put your complaint in writing.
INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED TO PROVIDE
When investigating a complaint, we will be relying on information provided by you, the information we may already be holding and information we may seek from our local Service Provider overseas. To assist us to investigate your complaint quickly and efficiently we will ask you for the following:
- Your name and contact details
- The name of the person you have been dealing with at Contours Travel
- The nature of the complaint
- Details of any steps you have already taken to resolve the complaint with our local Service Provider whilst overseas in the destination country
- Details of conversations and communications that may be relevant to your complaint.
- Copies of any documentation that supports your complaint. We may need to contact you further in order to clarify the details you have provided or to request additional information as required.
YOUR CONTACT WHEN MAKING A COMPLAINT
The person receiving or managing your complaint at Contours Travel can provide you with any assistance you may need, however, if you consider you need further assistance please contact: Valentina Toro – Office Manager or Ted Dziadkiewicz– Director
RECORDING YOUR COMPLAINT
FEEDBACK TO CUSTOMERS
Contours Travel is committed to resolving the issues you have raised within an acceptable time frame, however, this may not always be possible in which case, a more formal complaints procedure will be followed. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 business days. Once received, we will conduct an initial investigation into the issues that have given rise to the complaint which may take some days to conclude. Nonetheless, our aim is to resolve your complaint within 14 days of lodgement with us keeping in mind that this time frame may have to be extended according to circumstances beyond our control. On completion of the process, we will advise you in writing of our findings along with any action we have taken in order to resolve the complaint.
COMPLAINTS ABOUT ONE OF OUR EMPLOYEES
If you have reason to complain about a member of our staff, we will treat your complaint confidentially and impartially. Your complaint will be investigated thoroughly with a view to fairness to both parties as we will assess the facts surrounding the issues that have given rise to the matter/s concerned. We will bring the matter to the attention of our staff member objectively by:
- Informing them of any complaint about their performance
- Providing them with an opportunity to explain their side of the case
- Providing them with appropriate support and counselling
- Updating them on the complaint process, investigation and the result
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION WITH ATAS
We will always try to resolve your complaint using every means at our disposal, however, if you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your complaint or the resolution we have provided, you can request us to seek another independent opinion through AFTA, (Australian Federation of Travel Agents), who will conduct an external review of the case with ATAS, (AFTA Travel Accreditation Scheme).
ATAS’s approach will be to attempt to resolve your complaint through consultation, that is, by mediating between you and us to determine the relevant facts and establish a common ground. ATAS will remain open and impartial throughout the consultative process and will consider the merits of the case in order to reach an appropriate solution.
If after this process, you are still not satisfied with the outcome and resolution; your case can then be reviewed by ATAS Code Compliance Monitoring Committee (ACCMC). The ACCMC is an independent committee comprising of 5 members, including 2 consumer representatives. The ACCMC will investigate your complaint and reach a fair and independent view of the issues involved. The ACCMC may recommend a refund to you should this be deemed appropriate.
Should you wish to speak to ATAS about your complaint you can contact them in the following ways:
- By completing a feedback form on their website: atas.com.au
- By telephoning them on 02 92879900
- By writing to them at level 3, 309 Pitt St. Sydney, NSW 2000
- By emailing them at [email protected]
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CONSUMER LAW
You are further able to refer your complaint to your relevant federal, state or territory protection agency.
COMPLAINTS UNDER INVESTIGATION BY A REGULATOR OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY
If your complaint is currently being assessed and investigated by a relevant federal, state, or territory consumer protection regulator or law enforcement agency, we may cease to be involved in the matter pending finalization of the investigation. We will naturally assist the agency with their investigations.
© 2018 Contours Travel