Colombia has so much to offer for intrepid travellers: a to-die-for Caribbean coast, stunning colonial cities, rugged National Parks and fabulous diving and snorkelling. Colombia is the next big thing in South America, visit now before the rest of the world catches on to this fantastic destination!
– December to March is the peak season; book ahead for hotspots such as Cartagena.
– Visit Caño Cristales from July to November to experience the explosion of colours in the river.
– Flaunting a wealth of colonial architecture, UNESCO World Heritage-listed Cartagena de Indias is utterly beguiling.
– Bogota is a cosmopolitan metropolis with splendid museums, bustling markets and scintillating nightlife.
– Stay in a traditional hacienda among the Coffee Triangle’s verdant hills and acres of coffee.
– See the unique natural spectacle of the Liquid Rainbow when Caño Cristales bursts into colour.
– Accessible only on foot, the spectacular ruins of La Ciudad Perdida (The Lost City) near Santa Marta are revealed to a select few adventurers.
– A gentle amble from Barichara along the Camino Real is the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Colombian countryside at your own pace.