Save up to US$1,000 per room when staying at Explora Easter Island or Explora Atacama!!
Travel between May and October to Easter Island and the Atacama Desert and enjoy a time of the year in which there are fewer visitors and temperatures ocilate around 24°C. Making it the ideal conditions to explore these destinations.
The discount depends on the length of stay and the type of room:
US$ 1,000 off for 4-night stays in the Yali Room and Catur Suite.
US$ 900 off for 4-night stays in the Tulur Room.
US$ 700 off for 3-night stays in the Yali Room and Catur Suite.
US$ 600 off for 3-night stays in the Tulur Room.
explora Rapa Nui:
US$ 1,000 off for 4-night stays in the Varúa Room and Raa Suite.
US$ 700 off for 3-night stays in the Varúa Room and Raa Suite.
-Benefit valid for new bookings made as of April 9, 2019.
-Benefit valid for stays between May 1 and October 31, 2019.
-Up to 50 reservations per month in each destination.
-Maximum 5 rooms per reservation.
-Not valid for children and teens rates.
-Receive additional 5% discount if you already stayed in Explora before (The Explorer’s Benefit).
-Does not combine with other promotions.
-For single rates, a discount corresponding to half of these values applies.
-Does not permit date changes for stays beyond the benefit’s effective dates.
-Not valid for special programs.
Located on a hilltop with stunning views over the Pacific Ocean, explora Rapa Nui’s award-winning architecture blends Easter Islands’s unique geography and heritage with its vibrant present.
The exclusive explora Rapa Nui hotel offers over 20 excursions to unveil Chile’s Easter island’s unique history and charm. On foot, bicycle or boat, all excursions have cultural shades, are always led by a local guide and are made in groups of a maximum of eight travellers. They include hikes and bike explorations among archaeological remains, volcanoes, beaches, prairies, and cliffs as well as boat trips or snorkelling the world’s most pristine sea waters.
About the hotel: The Posada de Mike Rapu lodge at Explora Rapa Nui, is a uniquely designed hilltop structure that offers 30 comfortable suites, all of which feature ocean views. The Posada’s intimate, TV-free rooms, along with swimming pool, jacuzzi, and massage hut, ensure maximal relaxation, while the building’s LEED-certified construction ensures its impact on the culture and ecosystem of Rapa Nui – the remotest inhabited island in the world – is minimal. The 30 rooms of Explora Rapa Nui are designed to take full advantage of the silence, privacy, and spaciousness of the surrounding landscape, ensuring deep rest after a long day of exploration.
Contours Travel suggests a minimum stay of three nights to explore this area.
On arrival into Easter Island Airport, you will be met and transfer to Explora Rapa Nui.
Every day, you can choose easy to more difficult walks that, one by one, unveil the secrets and beauty of the island. These walks are combined with picnics on rocky outcrops or along the shore, always in mesmerising sites. The group size maximum is 8 people, along with a bilingual guide who brings along all necessary equipment.
Choose the excursion that best suits you; explore on foot or by bicycle, for a couple of hours or a full day, gentle or more physically demanding . More extensive explorations include open-air picnics. Suggested excursion options include:
– The Moai Quarry: An easy hike along the trail once used to transport the moai sculptures, with views of numerous overturned statues along the way. Climb to Rano Raraku for views over the volcano crater and its fresh water lake.
– Fifteen Moai: transfer by van to the spectacular 15 Moai platform and visit this awe-inspiring site. From here it is an easy hike to Ovahe Beach; return to the hotel by van.
– Snorkel: Travel by traditional local fishing boat to one of the designated areas best suited for snorkelling. See incredible aquatic fauna including corals, mollusks, crustaceans and tropical fish.
Spend another day in guided adventures, exploring this isolated and beautiful island. Suggested excursion options include:
– The Birdman Crater: travel by van to Vinapu and then walk to the edge of the Rano Kau Crater, for spectacular views of the ocean and the interior of the volcano. Walk along the crater to Orongo and visit the ceremonial site of Tangata Manu (Birdman).
– South Coast Bike Ride: a gentle downhill cycle through farmland, with views of the Pacific Ocean. Visit the ceremonial platforms of Hanga Poukura and the fishing cove of Hanga Tee.
– Islet Boat Ride: depart by traditional fishing boats to view the cliff formations and coastal caves of Rano Kau.
Transfer to the airport for your onwards flight.